Did you know that the traditional “Panama Hat” is actually made in Ecuador? That was certainly news to me when I moved here!
The Panama Hat I bought in the Artisan Market in Otavalo has been the best hat of all for me here. I like it better than my baseball cap now. My Panama Hat shades my face and my neck from the harsh sun here on the Equator. My head stays cool as the weave of the hat allows my head to breathe. And it feels very soft on my head too.
There are different weaves of Panama Hats:
Here’s how to measure your hat size:
How to care for your Panama Hat:
The majority of Panama Hats are made in the town of Montechristi Ecuador. If you’re looking for a Panama Hat here’s a link to one of their websites, Ultrafinopanamahat of in English Ultra Fine Panama Hat:
Note: The hats on this website are woven in Ecuador and then blocked in the USA.
- For More on the Life and Work of Mary Anne Dorward, please go to: www.maryannedorward.com
- For Professional Speaking Coaching and Speech Writing, please go to: www.myrealvoice.com or for video http://bit.ly/1fmLjuL
- To Learn more about my book, “Words To Thrive By: Powerful Stories of Courage and Hope,” please go to: www.wordstothriveby.com or for video http://bit.ly/1hlyGoc
- To Buy The Book, go to Amazon: http://amzn.to/L9NYkl
- Note: All photos in “Footprints in Ecuador: An American Woman’s Life Changing Journey” have been taken by Mary Anne Dorward. All photos and writing on this blog are protected under the U.S. Trademark: Words To Thrive By. For more information, to schedule an inspirational speech or interview, please contact Mary Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org.