This post starts a new series on “Footprints in Ecuador: An America Woman’s Life Changing Journey” about all the interesting people in my neighborhood here in Ecuador.
Meet Gabriel. I buy fish from him every week. He is a Fresh Fish Fillet Master.
This is his nephew holding up my fresh caught fish that eventually became my dinner:
This is Gabriel weighing the shrimp that I bought and had for another dinner this past weekend. 1 Pound of shrimp: $5.00 total.
This is the bucket of fish I chose from.
Here is my bag of fresh shrimp.
This is Gabriel sharpening his knife right before moving into the fillet process.
What’s left after the fillet process is complete goes into a bucket and is later fed to the birds on the beach.
Gabriel begins the fillet process of Fish number 2:
I had my pick of the most juicy plump fish fillet’s of my entire life all for $3.50 total.
They were absolutely delicious for dinner!
I’ll be posting more information on other delicious food and recipes from Ecuador, Americans living in Ecuador, retiring in South America, South America attractions, traveling South America, where to visit in South America and other great travel adventure opportunities in my future blogs.
PS: Would you like more ACCURATE, AUTHENTIC and UP TO DATE INFORMATION about ECUADOR?
WORDS TO THRIVE BY FOR WORLD TRAVELERS: FOOTPRINTS IN ECUADOR by Mary Anne Dorward
If you would like to read my First Impressions of Ecuador, please go to: http://wp.me/47vLx
- For More on the Life and Work of Mary Anne Dorward, please go to: www.maryannedorward.com
- For Professional Speaking Coaching and Speech Writing, please go to: www.myrealvoice.com or for video http://bit.ly/1fmLjuL
- To Learn more about my book, “Words To Thrive By: Powerful Stories of Courage and Hope,” please go to: www.wordstothriveby.com or for video http://bit.ly/1hlyGoc
- To Buy The Book, go to Amazon: http://amzn.to/L9NYkl
- For more information, to schedule an inspirational speech or interview, please contact Mary Anne at email@example.com.
- Note: All photos in “Footprints in Ecuador™: An American Woman’s Life Changing Journey” have been taken by Mary Anne Dorward unless otherwise credited. All photos by Mary Anne Dorward are for sale. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All photos and writing on Footprints in Ecuador ™ are a Copyright 2014 by Mary Anne Dorward. All rights reserved.