I’m baking my weekly Italian style bread today here in Ecuador. The bread takes 3 days to make and today is baking day. This bread recipe tastes a lot like the SF Sourdough bread I grew up with and loved so much.
While it rises over three days, I place my prayer beads on top of the bowl and set the bowl on top of the words: CREATIVITY, KINDNESS, LOVE, BEAUTY, EXPANSION, PEACEFUL ABUNDANCE and RECEPTIVITY, the qualities of The Universe I most want to rise in my life and in the lives of all those who eat my bread.
To keep it cool here in the heat while rising, I keep the dough rising in my room on my office desk near the air conditioner and it’s also the room where I sleep. Heavenly scent.
I pray while I knead the bread and then since it need a bit more heat to rise for the final rise, I then set the bowl by the window in my kitchen. At this point in the bread making process, I wish the bread well in it’s rising and pray that it absorbs the ever flowing positive energy of the sea nearby.
All day and night i smell the beautiful scent of bread dough rising. That alone is enough to keep me making it every week!! Haha! Not to mention you can’t find this kind of bread ANYwhere in Ecuador.
I will post more on Americans living in Ecuador and how they adjust to living in this country, the many interesting attractions in Ecuador and more information on South America in my future blogs. Thanks for reading!
PS: Would you like more ACCURATE, AUTHENTIC and UP TO DATE INFORMATION about ECUADOR?
WORDS TO THRIVE BY FOR WORLD TRAVELERS: FOOTPRINTS IN ECUADOR by Mary Anne Dorward
If you would like to read my First Impressions of Ecuador, please go to: http://wp.me/47vLx
- For More on the Life and Work of Mary Anne Dorward, please go to: www.maryannedorward.com
- For Professional Speaking Coaching and Speech Writing, please go to: www.myrealvoice.com or for video http://bit.ly/1fmLjuL
- To Learn more about my book, “Words To Thrive By: Powerful Stories of Courage and Hope,” please go to: www.wordstothriveby.com or for video http://bit.ly/1hlyGoc
- To Buy The Book, go to Amazon: http://amzn.to/L9NYkl
- For more information, to schedule an inspirational speech or interview, please contact Mary Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: All photos in “Footprints in Ecuador™: An American Woman’s Life Changing Journey” have been taken by Mary Anne Dorward unless otherwise credited.
- All photos and writing on Footprints in Ecuador ™ are a Copyright 2014 by Mary Anne Dorward. All rights reserved.